|The library charter of services is the means which defines the typology, the characteristics, the modalities and the limits of the provided services.
Art. 6 – Timetable
- The Municipal Administration ensures the continuity of the library services.
- The opening timetable of the library may be modified on proposal of the Town Council, taking into account the availability of personnel, to guarantee the maximum accessibility.
- During the year different timetables or temporary closures may be applied, in correspondence to particular periods and to allow control, reorganization, cleaning and selection works.
- An adequate communication of the possible variations will be given to the users.
Art. 7 – Registration
- It is necessary to be registered to the library for using the services. The registration is free and it occurs by the compilation of the appropriate registration form. For underage users the registration form must be signed by a parent or a tutor.
- Users’ personal data are treated in accordance with the law in force and they are exclusively used for the functional needs of the library. Users must promptly communicate any variation.
- The registration card is personal and gives access to the services of all the libraries involved in the Fondazione “Per Leggere”.
- In case of loss of the registration card, the owner must promptly warn the library personnel. The user is held responsible for loans given by other people anyway.
Art. 8 – Behaviour of the public
- The public is required to avoid behaviours which could disturb other users or which could prevent the regular functioning of the library.
- The Board may, with motivated decisions, temporarily suspend or expel from services people who persist in maintaining misconduct.
- The Board may order the suspension from the services and the adoption of further measures towards people who try to steal or damage materials, spaces and facilities of the library, without prejudice to any penal or civil liability. The name of the users excluded from the services will be communicated to the libraries of the Fondazione “Per Leggere”.
- The permanence of children in the library spaces is completely under the parents’ responsibility.
- The personnel must give an adequate communication of the dispositions which concern the behaviour everyone must keep in the library spaces.
Art. 9 – Consultation and reading services
- The consultation of the works on the shelves of the library is free.
- The types of works for the consultation are chosen by the library upon the management indications given by the Fondazione “Per Leggere”
- The distribution of the documents for reading and consultation may be restricted or temporary suspended due to particular needs (exhibitions, contests, expositions).
- The consultation of documents in a different library from the owner one is possible, upon agreement between the librarians.
- The loan of works intended for consultation in the library is permitted at discretion of the library personnel.
Art. 10 – Domiciliary loan service
- All the materials in the library, excluding those stated in Art. 9 above, are admitted to domiciliary loan, according to the law in force.
- It is necessary to present the registration card in order to access to the domiciliary loan.
- The number of documents which is possible to simultaneously borrow, as well as the duration of the loan, are defined by the services card. The user is responsible for the proper conservation of the solicited materials.
- The loan is personal, it can not be transferred to third parties and it must end with the restitution of the documents to the library within the deadline.
- The renewal of the loan is permitted only once, provided that the item is not solicited by another user. In this case it is possible to reserve it. The renewal and reservation modalities are established by the services card.
- The failing restitution of the item within the stipulated time, or its damage (including underlining and scrawls) may imply the temporary or definitive exclusion from the loan service, the refund of the loss, a fine or the repurchase of the item at the expense of the user, according to the criteria established by the Municipal Administration.
Art. 11 – Interlibrary loan service
- The library carries out a regular service of interlibrary loan to all the libraries involved in the Fondazione “Per Leggere”.
- All the works owned by the library are admitted to the interlibrary loan according to the same conditions established for the personal loan, excluding those stated in the Art. 9 above.
Art. 12 – Reproduction and print service
- The reproduction of materials is limited to the ones owned by the library, and it is regulated by the law on copyright.
- The Municipal Administration establishes the possible charges of the service, which are adequately publicized.
Art. 13 – Information, assistance and consulting service
- The library cares and promotes the information on the owned or accessible documentary material, on the given services and on their use modalities.
- The library provides users with a proper assistance to the informative and documentary researches, as well as with an adequate service of bibliographic reference.
- The automated catalogues, the recordings on optical or magnetic support and the links to local or remote digital resources are accessible by users according to the procedures established in Articles 14 and 15.
- The costs incurred by the library for particular services which involve extra costs, or the recourse to external organizations may be charged to the user, based on prices established by the Municipal Administration.
Art. 14 – Internet browsing services
- The use of the public internet workstations in the library is subject to registration to one of all the libraries of the Fondazione “Per Leggere”, and to the subscription to the specific terms and dispositions which rule the service.
- Underage users must be authorized by a parent or a legal tutor.
- The Municipal Administration establishes the service distribution modalities, basing on the information provided by the Fondazione “Per Leggere”.
- Users are directly responsible, civilly and criminally, for the use of the Internet service and for any violation of the copyright law and the protection of the personal data.
Art. 15 – Use of the multimedia and audiovisual workstations
- The access to the multimedia and audiovisual workstations is allowed only for the use of the media or the applications belonging to the library collections.
- The personnel shall implement every organizational arrangement necessary to ensure the access of the largest number of users to the workstations.
Art. 16 – Acquisitions
- The library identifies and acquires by purchase, by donation or by exchange, documents and information on any device useful to satisfy the needs of the public. The acquisitions are promptly inventoried and treated for the availability to the public.
- The selection of the documents to be purchased is specific of the library personnel, as established by the law in force.
- The addresses and the development priorities of the collections are defined taking into account the indications given by the Fondazione “Per Leggere”
- Any user can suggest the purchase of books and documentary material not owned by the library. Proposals are evaluated by the personnel and accepted within the limits of the budget availability, and if compatible with the guidelines and priorities of the collections development.Art. 19 – Revision and discard
- The personnel of the library periodically revises the books and documentary collections. The materials, which do not satisfy the standards set by the library system, are given to the central library of storage.
- Fallowing the review, the personnel shall update the online catalogue, to ensure the compliance between cataloguing information and the effective availability of documentary resources.
- The material evaluated as unusable, deteriorated or not anymore responding to the aims of the service, is removed from the catalogue in accordance with the law, pursuant to the dispositions of the triennial regional or provincial plans and to the indications given by the Fondazione “Per Leggere”.
Art. 20 – Results measurement
- The library edits statistics about the users, the use of the collections and the legacy, which are published periodically.
Art. 21 – Equipment of the library
- The equipment of the library consists of:
- a) the real estates where it operates;
- b) the documentary materials of the collections;
- c) facilities, tools and given furniture;
- d) catalogues, inventories and others bibliographic tools made for guaranteeing the service operation.
HERITAGE, PERSONNEL AND RESOURCES
Art. 22 – Library personnel
- The personnel includes specific professional profiles, trained at the implementation of the service functions to the public, the study, the research, the promotion and didactics, scientific treatment of the document and of the information using also technological devices.
- The librarian operates independently, respecting the professional ethics principles and the technical standards set by the expert regional, national and international authorities.
- The responsibility of the activities regarding the library is put into the hands of a librarian with an adequate technical-professional preparation, who is responsible for the librarianship and administrative management, basing on the general guidelines set by the Municipal Administration.
The librarian takes part in the Scientific Committees organized by the Fondazione “Per Leggere”.
Art. 23 – Volunteers and trainees
- The library personnel, for particular activities, can be helped by volunteers or trainees.
- Volunteers and trainees can not substitute the library personnel anyway.
Art. 24 – Financial resources
- Specific entrance and exit chapters for the operation of the library, which allow to plan an efficient development policy of the collections and a cultural planning able to make the citizens nearer to the culture, are included in the preventive balance of the District.
Art. 25 – Tasks, composition and duration
- The Municipal Administration must, as part of its Municipal autonomy, institute a Library Board with the following aims:
a) purposeful and advisory consistent with the library plan;
b) to verify the actual carrying out of this plan and the implementation of the Rules;